Monday, December 8, 2008

Tarotreading for the insane, Part 2

Tarot reading for the insane; a users's guide. Part 2.

Or, the past is prologue. Good line from Biden the other day, wasted on Palin like pearls before swine. Even if the swine wears lipstick.

Ever read Jonathon Livingston Seagull? Very popular with zen buddhists in San Francisco in the '70s. Journey to the East by Herman Hesse. Teachings of Don Juan by Carlos Castanedas.

Here is the point where the personal aspiration becomes shared by others. These books express a journey of discovery, a common story.

Finally we come to the Tarot, gentle reader. The 22 Major cards are the common story of spiritual progress. The Fool is the traveller, Everyman, the narrative voice.

Cards repeatedly turn up in tarot readings until they are understood. The first of these for me was the 9 of swords. The Card of Nightmares. The suit is swords; speech, thoughts, ideas. The tarot was pointing to my state of mind, but not just to say I was having trouble.

I was being offered help. Thats how I put it to anyone I read the cards for. Its an impartial view and an offer of advice.

No comments: